Impressive Questions to Ask in a Job Interview
Are you tired of asking the same generic questions at the end of your interview? Here's a list of unique interview questions that you can ask throughout your next interview to help you uncover if the position and company is the best fit for you.
To Understand the Work Culture
- How do you believe I should best integrate myself with the team?
- I noticed the company provides unlimited PTO. What was the typical amount of time your team members took off last year?
- What skills or attributes does your most successful employee have?
- What does a good team culture look like to you?
- What is your preferred management style? Can you give me an example of how this looks in practice?
- How do you promote work/life balance for your team?
- Which person do you admire most at this company and why?
To Understand Your Growth Potential
- In reference to my experience and skillset, what resonated the most with you for this position?
- What are some common qualities you see in an employee before promoting them?
- What kind of professional development do you offer employees?
- What does the growth path look like for this role?
To Understand What's Expected Out of Your Position
- I understand this position has flexible hours. How does the rest of your team typically schedule out their day?
- Based on my interview and qualifications, is there anything else you may be looking for in a candidate?
- One of my strengths is making sure I stay organized and complete my work on schedule. Can you provide an example of when your team needs to multitask on different assignments or projects?
- Can you give an example of someone who previously held this role but was a bad fit and why?
- How often are your employees required to work overtime?
- I'm familiar with X and Y software. What is the main software your team uses?
To Understand Compensation & Interview Process
- As someone who works closely with the hiring manager and team for this position, do you have any advice on how to best set myself up for success for the remainder of the process?
- Would I be able to meet the team during the interview process?
- How many other candidates are you interviewing for this role?
- I want to make sure I respect your interview process. At what point do you normally discuss the salary for the role?
- Are you interviewing both internal and external candidates for this role? If yes, what do you hope to see in an external candidate that an internal candidate may not be able to deliver?
To Understand the Company's Growth and Goals
- What are the current goals that the company is focused on, and how does this team work to support hitting those goals?
- Which 3 goals, if accomplished in the next 3 months, would make you the happiest?
- I saw the position is currently remote. Do you have any plans in returning to the office? If so, what would this look like for your team?